Next Step Ministries – Domestic Violence
Next Step Ministries provides an emergency/transitional shelter for survivors of domestic violence and their children. Services offered include:
- Assist Victim with 50B Protective Order Process
- Provide Transportation and Advocacy for Domestic Violence Related Court Procedures.
- Provide Shelter, Food, and Clothing for Victim and her Children
- Provide Transportation for Necessary Appointments
- Coordinate with Community Agencies to Secure Counseling and Other Services for Victim and Children
- Assist Victim in Obtaining Employment
- Assist Victim in Securing Permanent Housing
When residents first come to the shelter, they are given a 24 to 48 hour transition period for them to settle in and regroup after their abuse. Following the transition period, they work with the staff to set immediate and long term goals. These goals are reviewed and evaluated on a weekly basis. In addition, the residents have a weekly meeting with the house manager to walk through the trauma of their ordeal.
Food and other daily essentials such as diapers and laundry detergent are provided free of charge. Once residents secure employment, they begin assisting in providing for their daily needs.
Visit the website below for more information. A 24-Hour Crisis Line number is available on their website.
Office Address: 233 W. Mountain Street, Kernersville, NC 27284
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm